SABA-SC understands the importance of community service. Each year, SABA-SC organizes “day of service” events where our members and their families help local charitable organizations. Recently, SABA-SC members volunteered to assist Operation Gratitude where they prepared care packages, stuffed teddy bears and made paracord bracelets for our troops and their families. SABA-SC also has volunteered for the Los Angeles Regional Food Bank.
SABA-SC works with other minority bar organizations to give back to the community, including by:
- participating in SABA-NA’s nationwide Naturalization Drive by organizing a Citizenship Application information presentation
- organizing the California APABA Lobby Day, where various diversity organizations advocate for public policies which benefit minority communities
- assisting the Asians and Pacific Islanders with Disabilities of California (APDIC) Walk and Roll, a disability awareness fair
- partnering with the grassroots non-profit organization South Asian Network (southasiannetwork.org) to organize a Voter Registration Drive
- helping to organize the APA Holiday Toy Drive, which collects toys to distribute to local low income families, and
- supporting other diversity Bar associations as an active member of the Multicultural Bar Alliance
View our Events page for upcoming community events!